Hippity Hoppity, Easter’s on it’s way! Get in the spirit with a set of Pom Pom Easter eggs you can customize to any colors you want! Learn to create these fluffy decorations using our easy to use Pom Tassler then use your Pom Pom Easter Eggs for holiday decorations or for fun games! Make them any size and colors you’d like, including a speckled design using our tips below.
- Pom Pom Tassler
Insert the pegs and the yarn clip into the Pom Tassler, choosing whichever size you want. Place the end of the yarn through the yarn clip and loosely tie around the pegs, which should be facing outward. The above layered yarn technique will produce a multi colored Pom Pom Easter Egg!
The above multi color yarn technique will product a speckled eggs.
Press the handle to watch your yarn spin.
Tie off with a separate piece of yarn.
Cut the loops on both sides of the knot to remove from the Pom Tassler.
Fluff the yarn to form the pom pom shape.
Trim into an egg shape by rounding one end and making the other end smaller with a rounded tip. Keep fluffing while trimming to get an accurate egg shape.
You now have an adorable pom pom Easter Egg!
Stuff a few in an Easter basket as cute decorations or use them for any of the below games:
- Egg hunt – this activity can be done year round to keep little ones busy!
- Tie Tac Toe – draw a simple board on white paper and make 10 Pom Pom Easter Eggs, 5 of each color.
- Table races – place two Pom Pom Easter Eggs on a flat table surface and have two children use their breath to blow them across the table. First one to the end wins!
- Practicing patterns – Lay Pom Pom Easter Eggs on the table in a color pattern and ask your child to complete the pattern. Example: Red, Blue, Blue, Red, Blue, ___(Blue)
- Color sorting – Grab pieces of construction paper on the floor and have your child sort out of the eggs onto different sheets
Pin it for later: