The spring season brings green grass, blooming flowers and young life hopping all around! Welcome this season of life with a fun craft inspired beauty around you! Craft up a fun paper butterfly hat or frog hat using our free printables and work on gross motor skills with lots of animated hopping or fluttering about!
Cut out the shapes and follow the instructions to assemble and decorate your paper frog hat or paper butterfly hat.
Once assembled, try it on and hop to it with some fun games!
- Practice color recognition. Place different colored pieces of construction paper on the ground and call out a color to hop to next.
- Practice letter recognition. Add uppercase or lowercase letters to sheets of paper and flutter over to each letter that’s called.
- Spell it out. Use the same pieces from above but work to spell words out by jumping in a specific order.
- Play “Simon Says” with different jumping patterns. Tiny jumps. Side to side jumps. Squat down. Fast jumps.
- Create an indoor obstacle course with household items. Swim on your belly like a tadpole. Make tiny jumps over rolled up towels. Take big jumps over stuffed animals.
If you love this craft, make sure to check out the Alex Toys Heads and Tails kit!
Pin it for later: