Do your kids play with dolls?
Mine do, too.
For a fun afternoon, and to encourage creativity in a new direction, design your own doll outfits.
Provide your kids with some basic supplies and see what kind of outfits they can dream up!
Then, suggest that the dolls wear their new outfits to a pretend play doll party with special doll food.
DIY No Sew Doll Outfits
Using scraps of material, old clothes (tights, socks, pants, belts) and safety pins, kids can create dozens of fashion-forward clothes and accessories – no sewing machine required.
1. Gather your supplies:
Old clothes: Shirts, Tights, Pants, Scarves, Socks, Gloves
Old ponytail holders
2. Make pants with the fingers of gloves.
3. Make dresses using the material scraps and by cutting up old clothes such as tights, pants, or shirt sleeves.
4. Make belts from scarves, socks, pants and using pieces of old belts.
5. Create styles that reflect other cultures like saris and togas.
6. Cut off embellishments from old clothing such as flowers and sashes to decorate your fashions.
Now that your kids have created stylish doll outfits, you can have a doll party.
Nature’s Hors d’Oeuvers
Collect delicious appetizers from nature to serve to your dolls. We found a wonderful make-believe cookbook: Mud Pies and Other Recipes by Marjorie Winslow, to inspire this activity.
Gather pieces of wood for chips and invent your own dip or salsa. Serve immediately.
Find a variety of green growing things and make them into a doll salad.
Mix up colored chalk shavings into a small cup of water. Serve to your dolls.